OverviewItineraryPhoto GalleryAdditional InfoBookingFAQMeet Your Guides
With a complex natural potential, The Ciucas Massif is ready to meet your adventure needs. A fairy tale place where the time seems to stop counting seconds, minutes or hours. Only those who crossed it can describe its beauty and only those curious enough will discover the greatness of this unique place.
Located between the Eastern and Southern Carpathians Mountains, the Ciucas Mountains reach no more than 1.945 metres high (Ciucas Peak) which makes it accessible but still with great things to offer. Being known for its karst formations, the Ciucas will surprise you in every direction you can look. The most famous are the Tigaile Mici and Tigaile Mari, Turnul lui Goliat (Goliat’s Tower), Babele la Sfat (Old Women Gossiping), Mana Dracului (Devil’s Hand).
A beautiful add to this experience is the Ciucas Peak lodge, which is actually a 3 star authentic lodge located right in the heart of the mountain! We find this the best place to enjoy a cup of hot tea or mulled wine after an exhausting skiing day in the cold. And the snow? Well, there is a lot! …which means a lot of fun!
SKI TOURING / SNOWSHOEING TOUR PROGRAM This is a winter lover tour which will take you into the heart of the Ciucas Mountains for a short break of three days full of snow and winter activities. Get off the beaten track and explore the many paths hidden under a serious amount of untouched powder!
Day 1 – You will be met on arrival (in Brasov or Ploiesti) by a representative of Outdoor the World and transferred to your accommodation in Cheia or Muntele Rosu. This afternoon is for you to relax and explore the surroundings.
Day 2 – After a morning introduction, your guide will take you on a ski touring/snowshoeing day in the Ciucas Mountains. This first day will be of medium difficulty in order to get used to the equipment and terrain. Our route will take us to Muntele Rosu Peak(1765m) and Ciucas Peak (1954m). You will spend the night on top of the mountain, at Ciucas Chalet.
Day 3 – Today, very early in the morning, your guide will take you on another ski touring/snowshoeing track of medium difficulty. This will be a longer trek which will give you more chance to enjoy the beauties of this massif. Our route will take us to Bratocea Peak (1827m) and Bratocea Sphinx. In the afternoon, you will be transferred back to Brasov or Ploiesti, for your next destination.
The itinerary is informative and is subject to change or cancellation due to weather conditions or other unforeseeable circumstances. In this case, the money will be refunded or an alternative tour will be proposed. On request, we are pleased to put together a 100% tailor made tour for you.
– Meet & Assist for the arrival & departure
– All transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle
– English speaking Mountain Guide
– 2 nights on HB at 2 and 3 star property – Breakfast only (Half Board)
– Rescue Service
– International Airfare tickets
– *Rental of personal equipment
– *Additional Mountain Guides (available on request)
– *Additional transfers from /or to the airport (in case of delayed flights)
– Food and drinks unless specified
– Personal expenses, tips, etc. * available on request
An Event with an ID of "" could not be found. Please contact the event administrator for assistance.
GENERAL ADVICE: We strongly recommend to have your own personal equipment. It helps you feel comfortable during the trip. We have listed all the necessary equipment below. Please, check it and make sure you have it or you can contact us for advice and rental options.
– Avalanche kit (probe, transceiver, shovel)
– Apline touring / backcountry skis + Ski touring boots + Skins
– Ski helmet
– Snowshoes + Winter boots
– Ski poles / Adjustable trekking poles
– Ski goggles
– Glacier glasses / Sun glasses with 100% UV protection
– Headlamp with new batteries + Extra batteries
– Comfortable backpack (20-30 liters)
– Steel thermos (0.5 -1 liter)
– Small personal first aid kit (with personal medications)
– Sunscreen (SPF 40-50)
– Lip Balm (SPF 30)
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT / AT OUR REQUEST:
– Light Crampons (with proper size and fastening system for your boots or ski touring boots)
– Light ice axe with a leash.
– Light adjustable climbing harness + two locking carabiners
– Avalanche Airbag Backpack (ABS, Snowpulse, BCA, JetForce, Voltair, etc.)
– Several pairs of warm ski socks (merino wool preferably)
– Thermal underwear (merino wool preferably)
– Winter Sking / Trekking / Hiking pants
– Softshell / Fleece jacket
– Softshell / Fleece pants
– Light Down jacket
– Hardshell / Gore-Tex jacket
– Warm and waterproof gloves (two pairs)
– Liner gloves for cold weather
– Buff / bandana (two pairs)
– Warm Hat (merino wool preferably)
– Clothes and footwear for the road and cottage state
NECESSARY DOCUMENTS: Medical insurance for outdoor activities and passport.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT: You have to be at least 18 years old and must be physically and mentaly fit for outdoor activities. You should have no contraindications to engage in anykind of oudoor activities.
All outdoor activities comes with a certain risk. Choosing professional guidance services reduces these risks to a minimum, but the unpredictable factor still exist. Buying this Tour you have to understand the risks and sign a liability release and assumption of risk agreement.
-/ CIPRIAN CONSTANTINEANU /-
Ciprian has loved the mountains since he was a child. The pleasure of organizing groups in outdoor activities started in high school when he began to organize expeditions during the summer holidays with groups of friends. Over time he has obtained several qualifications, such as Canyoning Trip Leader, WW Raft Guide, WW Rescue Technician, Romanian National Mountain Guide, International Mountain Leader and Sport Climbing Instructor.
Together with other guides and partner agencies he organized canyoning and river rafting tours in Romania and throughout Europe, expeditions and tours in the Alps, Elbrus and Kilimanjaro. The variety of fields of activities and outdoor qualifications is reflected in a diversity of tour offers and a high expertise in managing the problems that may arise.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.